The example in the article of Airdrop U and the blueprint for scale is a thought experiment, but one that is not far away.
Educators as varied as Odem, ASU, and Student Coin have already started the on-chain credential process- Airdrop U could be right behind.
It’s unlikely higher education will move to on-chain credentials until pressured by upstarts. As the change occurs, however, new opportunities and challenges will emerge.
The Airdropped University could:
- Lower debt and improve affordability
- Spark innovation through competition
- Provide transparent and honest comparisons between schools
The Airdropped University could also:
- Increase economic disparity
- Tie students to experiences they want to forget
- Commodify the education industry